Thank you for your participation in our annual Report of Non-University Activities (RNUA) process.  If your external income-producing activities have changed since you last reported, please revise your RNUA form and submit it for review and approval by your unit head before you begin the external activities.  If your external activities have not changed, no action is required.

If you are salaried faculty or academic staff, please be aware of the ongoing need to update your RNUA if your external income-producing activities change.  The University's Policy on Conflicts of Commitment and Interest requires prior approval for all non-university income-producing activities, as well as new activities, extensions or changes to previously approved outside
activities.  Such changes or updates must be approved by your department head prior to the start of the external activity.

External income-producing activities are frequently beneficial to the individual and the university, but must be approved in advance, even if you plan to use vacation, weekend or evening time to conduct the activity.

The University's Policy on Conflicts of Commitment and Interest, our RNUA form, instructions, and FAQs are available at  

This policy applies to salaried faculty and academic staff.  Civil Service employees are covered under a different policy and do not complete the RNUA.

If you have any questions about the RNUA or conflicts of interest, please contact Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Melanie Loots at or (217) 333-0034.

Thank you for helping to ensure that both you and the University are in compliance with the state law, University policy and federal regulations.


This mailing approved by:
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research

sent to:
Academic Professionals & Faculty

Massmail Archive   .   Massmail powered by WebTools